I’ve been trying to decide what to do for my next Warhammer 40K army for quite a while now and honestly I’ve been leaning towards Dark Eldar (or Drukhari as the kids call them these days) pretty much the entire time. I finally got my Ultramarines to a place where I feel comfortable starting a new project and decided to start with the Kill Team box.
I’ll post updates throughout the next couple of weeks as I try to take the box from sprue to table. Below you can see the built wyches. I decided to only use one special weapon, the shardnet and impaler, because I plan to have one of those in every unit of wyches I run in regular 40K games.
After they were assembled and the glue had dried I began work pinning them to some custom bases I bought from secret weapon miniatures. Since wyches come on slotted bases I clipped the majority of the slot off, leaving just the portions directly under their feet. I then drilled a hole into the custom base to match the remaining portion of the slot and used super glue to adhere the model to the base and green stuff to fill in any gaps.
The next step was priming the models and the two pieces of terrain. I did this with my airbrush since it hasn’t stopped raining here in about 3 months so I can’t use rattle cans. I’ll be doing the next steps with the airbrush as well and posting the results along with paints used when they are complete.